Friday, November 13, 2015

Medicines and cleaners locked away for safety

Most parents diligently hide their medicines from their children. They even have locked medicine cabinets. What about your child's medicine. Where do you store it? What about normal over-the-counter, child proof tops, medicine? Where should you keep it? Where are your household cleaners. Until I had children, I kept all my cleaners under my kitchen sink. On occasion I will still find myself putting something under the kitchen or bathroom sinks. Disinfecting wipes look innocent enough. There is not a lot of liquid in the container. Do not be fooled by your little one. They can just as easily stick a wipe in their mouth and chew on it. Where should you keep cleaners? If you have locked cabinets or a locked drawer, put medicines and cleaners in them. High cabinets are okay to use as long as you know your little one is not climbing to find new treasures to play with. No one can watch their child 24 hours a day. Mine likes to sneak chairs when he thinks I am asleep. The dragging of heavy objects across a wood floor at two in the morning is quite disturbing. First, you have to wonder what is being dragged. If you are in a deep sleep you can come up with some "doozies" or very imaginative and scary thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment